Flipside’s Guide to Building a Successful Social Media Account
Flipside PR explains the importance of social media as part of brand strategy and gives top tips on how to build a successful social media account.
Navigating the Social Media Landscape
The huge influence of social media on mainstream society now, more than ever, means that significant part of a successful public relations campaign comes from one’s online and digital presence. Platforms such as Instagram, Facebook and TikTok are continuing to grow in popularity, reaching audiences around the globe. As of January 2023, Instagram had over 2 billion monthly active users, and is the 6th most visited website in the world. Hence, brands that can successfully position themselves on these platforms are able to access huge swathes of people at an extremely rapid rate, raising brand awareness, and generating sales.
As a result, alongside securing feature-led articles and product placement in print and digital publications, Flipside PR also offers social media management support and strategy advice. Combining our expert knowledge of social media with your brand’s mission and values, Flipside can assist in creating a personalised social presence and bespoke online experience for your brand and its audience. Whether it’s building on an existing account or creating a new one, Flipside can help take your social presence to the next level by creating engaging content and campaigns to build your following and elevate your brand.
Creating a successful social media account takes time. However, to help, Flipside has collated its top tips and advice that every individual/ brand should consider when beginning to build their account. Such guidelines ensure you are accessing the right algorithms needed for optimum engagement and results.
- What/Who You Are: Your audience needs to be easily able to understand you/ your brand.
- Brand USPs: What makes you stand out? You need to differentiate yourself from other similar accounts.
- Contact Details: This makes communication between you and your audience easy.
- High-Res Only: High quality imagery is non-negotiable. The account needs to look professional in order to build your audience’s trust. Images may include headshots, products, UCG content and features of customer content. Your profile picture must be representative of your brand. This is quite often the brand logo.
3. Content Creation
- Planning: There must be a clear strategy of what type of content is being posted and when. Whilst this should be planned in advance, it is also important to remain reactive in your positing by staying up to date with current trends and events.
- Think: What is the brand? What are you trying to achieve? What is trending? What do my audience want to know? What do I want my audience to know? Is there anything new?
- Variety: You should be posting a selection of reels, carousel posts and feed filler pictures throughout. Story content is also essential for interacting with your audience.
- Consistency: 3-5 post per week.
4. Account-Follower Interaction and Social Media Management
- Responding to Personal Messages: Followers may choose to DM your account for a variety of reasons. It is important to reply as swiftly as possible, answering their questions or giving advice.
- Responding to Comments: Where possible, it is important to acknowledge and reply to comments left by followers on feed posts.
- Reposting on Stories: This can be from your own mentioned and previous posts, or from your own followers.
- Further External Interaction: To further raise awareness and expand your account’s audience, it is useful to engage with other relevant social media accounts. Interacting with such celebrities, influencers and brands in the form of liking, commenting or reposting content can also lead to a variety of opportunities, such as collaborations, sponsorships and advertising, that can elevate your brand and boost its engagement.
For further information about how Flipside can help you build your social media, please contact [email protected].