It’s safe to say that everyone’s beauty routine has seen a shakeup during the past three months. Whether it’s missing out on those regular trims, washing your hair less and possibly skipping the styling altogether – new habits will affect your hair and might cause extra hair shedding!
Natalia Ferrara, Revitalash Cosmetics International Educator explains there are MANY contributing factors that might be causing thinning hair that you might not even realise including ageing, stress, diet, UV exposure, pollutants and genetics…but there is no need to panic!
“In lockdown, the smallest of things such as changes to your diet can affect the health of your hair, When you don’t get the vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients that your body needs from your diet, it can cause a loss of hair. For instance, too little protein in your diet can damage healthy hair, and inhibit your body’s ability to build new hair follicles.”
“Some of us might be currently indulging in a hair detox, which means less washing, blow dry’s and styling which in theory sounds great but if that’s the case when you do finally hit the shower you are naturally going to see more hair draining down the plughole- you lose hair on a daily basis but if you aren’t washing and it’s building up over the days, when you finally indulge in a wash that build-up will be released at the same time, but don’t panic- that’s normal.”
If you have been reaching for the box dye out of sheer panic? Dyeing does not inhibit hair growth, but it may cause hair loss by damaging the hair that is colour treated. The hair beneath the scalp that has not yet emerged cannot be reached by hair dye. Thus, hair dye cannot fundamentally cause hair loss, but hair shedding can increase with hair dyeing.
With an army of celebrity fans such as Megan Markle and Kim Kardashian, Revitalash is the go-to serum for longer healthier lashes and their hair range is designed to do the same to your hair! 94% of people who tried it said their locks looked thicker after eight weeks of use.
Packed with flax protein, willow bark and ginseng this unique thickening and scalp therapy shampoo features specialised ingredients to optimise scalp health by cleansing and fortifying hair while protecting from environmental stressors. This phyto-infused formula rich in therapeutic ingredients supports optimum scalp health, fortifies the hair cuticle and works to improve hair shaft thickness. Hair transforms to feel fuller, look thicker and perform better.
Loaded with loquat leaf to help thinning hair and green tea and ginseng to protect hair and scalp with powerful protein this unique thickening and scalp therapy formula features specialised ingredients to optimise scalp health by hydrating and nourishing hair while protecting from environmental stressors.
A breakthrough, unisex, hair enhancer designed to address the needs of fine and thinning hair for men and women. This transforming hair volume enhancer foam featuring proprietary BioPeptin Complex® boosts the vitality of hair with a breakthrough formula designed to intensify natural volume. Lightweight formula adds shine and body and improves elasticity to help combat breakage and aid in conditioning of the scalp.
1. The Thickening Shampoo & Conditioner by Revitalash Cosmetics exfoliate, cleanse and condition. Hair will feel rejuvenated, brought back to life and have shine and manageability that was not there prior. The conditioner will strengthen the hair and further support the benefits of the shampoo.
2. Try a Hot Towel Spa treatment by leaving the Thickening Conditioner on the hair for 20mins cocooned with a hot towel.
3. Use a leave in conditioner for manageable tousled hair such as the award winning Volume Enhancing Foam by Revitalash Advanced. This is a breakthrough, no rinse, unisex, hair enhancer designed to address the needs of fine and thinning hair for men and women by intensifying natural volume. The lightweight formula adds shine and body and improves elasticity to help combat breakage and aid in conditioning of the scalp
4. Avoid blow drying/less heat styling devices.
5. Avoid wet combing. When your hair is wet it’s at its weakest, which means it’s more fragile and prone to breakage.
6. Treat your scalp. This 3 step hair regimen addresses the needs of those suffering from dry scalp conditions or just a dry scalp in general.
7. Eat a healthy diet. Protein is vital for a healthy head of hair. Oily fish, chicken, eggs and soy are good sources.
Love Flipside x